I’ve been doing some tidying-up of the old website recently. Fancying up my sidebar, tidying up my menus, cleaning up the tags. In the course of this very satisfying process, I noticed a long-forgotten event: Blogtoberfest.
The year was 2009. I’d had my blog for three and a half years, if we include the Geocities ‘zine which started the whole thing off. And why wouldn’t we? It taught me everything I know about HTML, most of which is now deprecated. Anyway; somehow, in this year, the notion of Blogtoberfest crossed my desk. ‘Write a blog post every day,’ I said. ‘How hard can that be?’
I made it two days. To be fair to myself, I did end up posting a lot that month, after the usual summer lull. And I was also participating in Socktoberfest, though I only posted about that in the initial OMG SOCKTOBER post so who knows what actually happened.
This year, I don’t need socks. I have a job that I like. I have at least one weekend away. So I probably won’t write every day. But I am painfully aware that NaNoWriMo is just around the corner and I have forgot how to write. To that end…
You see, it’s orange, which is totally October-y. And knitting, very autumnal. And… ZOMGSPARKLEBUTTONS. I can’t help it, I love them.
So yes, I don’t know if I’ll post every day. But (to paraphrase Carl Sagan, possibly) this blog has never been in perfect harmony with my ambition.
I do hope to:
– get a bit of wording practice in before NaNoWriMo
– write several panicked list posts at 11pm
– make at least one graphic designer cry at my slapdash logo
– get some data into my Foofle Analytics account (I got a certificate, you know, but I have so little traffic I can’t do a damn thing with it :D)
– re-learn how to express myself through the medium of blog
Anyone else in?